Monday, June 29, 2009

Horseshoe Fall from Goat Island, Niagara (LOC)

The Library of Congress has just added a bunch of new photos to their photostream, including this one of the Horshoe portion of Niagara Falls. I grew up in Buffalo, NY, and a trip to The Falls was part of any visit from out-of-towners. My most recent trip was in 1995 or so, when my parents made my now husband (then boyfriend) get out of the car to view the falls on the way to the Toronto airport for our flight back to California. The rest of us had seen them plenty of times; we stayed in the car.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When we visited mom's friend Isabel in Toronto, she drove us to Niagara Falls and we did the boat thing with the yellow slickers. Very impressive, even in late summer!

sd said...

I got a bloody nose on that boat! But yes, it's impressive. Another yellow slicker option is to walk through the caves down behind the falls. Or, if you're a machinery geek like me, you can tour the power plant!