Monday, May 18, 2009

Twitter brought me something wonderful!

So I've determined that many of the "people" who follow me on twitter do so because they're trying to sell something. I don't follow-back (or whatever the kids are calling it) unless there's a good reason to. Generally, I just ignore new followers, unless there's some indication I know them in real life. Unusually, something about MoviesBigScreen intrigued me, and I started poking around.

Good thing, too, because not only do they screen really cool films (I'm bummed I missed God's Cartoonist by one day), they're screening The Hollywood Librarian at the end of this month. I will find a babysitter, and I will be there! Anyone else interested?

And since I'm on the topic, what non-work discoveries have you made through 27-things? Bonus for things quirky-Sacramentan!

1 comment:

annot8 said...

I'm finding the same thing about followers, particularly the SPL27Things Twitter account. Aside from several libraries and librarians, I've got vendors! Like you, I just let them follow along ...