Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thing 6 - Flickr Mashups


Well, this makes me wish I were still a front-line type librarian, because I could make some really awesome promo materials with these toys. In a lucky convergence, I recently discovered that judicious laminating and sizing can slat-wall enabled signage out of just about any piece of paper! But given my current job responsibilities, there are only so many READ posters I can justify printing out on our expensive color copier, particularly since they feature my kid. Though she is awfully cute...
Eventually I have to figure out what the various Creative Commons licences of flickr actually mean, because I may actually use some of these things when building presentations and training materials. Some of the images I'm finding are really useful, but I do want to attribute appropriately.

No comments: